Go To The Events Page For Details
Your Donations Are Appreciated
We now take credit card donations through PayPal and GiveSmartOKC.
Checks that you send should be made out to:
Epilepsy Association of Oklahoma.
Donations are fully tax deductible and will be
used to fund our programs:
1) Emergency Seizure Medication Assistance &
Discount Drug Cards
2) Education About Seizures For Schools, Communities &
3) Monthly Newsletter
4) Website With Resources & Epilepsy
5) Annual Epilepsy Camp & Health Fairs To Educate
Groups Throughout Oklahoma
You May Also Donate By Check,
Please Make Payable To:
Association of Oklahoma
11212 N. May Ave. Suite 108
Oklahoma City, OK.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Our mission of the Epilepsy Association of Oklahoma is to:
A – S – A – P
||A tongue has NO bone but it can
BREAK a heart.
So, watch what you say...to someone
Since 1978, the Epilepsy Association of
Oklahoma has been
incorporated as a nonprofit health agency with the mission of helping
Oklahomans who have epilepsy and their families.
“Knowledge is power, or so it is said.
Often times when receiving a diagnosis of disability it does not
feel very empowering.”
A - Raise Awareness
S - Service To Community
A - Advance / Fundraising
P - Participate
- Emergency Seizure Medication Assistance & Discount Drug Cards
- Education About Seizures For Schools, Communities & Work Force
- Office Staff & Monthly Newsletter
- Website With Resources & Epilepsy Facebook
- Annual Epilepsy Camp & Health Fairs To Educate
- Support Groups Throughout Oklahoma
I call epilepsy a “stealth” disease, but it’s difficult to imagine how so
few people can know about a disease that affects so many. For example, few
- Epilepsy affects over 3 million Americans of all ages – more than Multiple
Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy, and Parkinson’s Disease
- In America, Epilepsy is as common as Breast Cancer, and takes as many
- Almost 500 new cases of Epilepsy are diagnosed every day in the United
- Epilepsy affects 50,000,000 people worldwide.
- One in 100 people will develop Epilepsy.
- One in 10 people will suffer a seizure in their lifetime.
- This year another 200,000 people in the U.S. will be diagnosed with
- Each year over 125,000 to 150,000 are newly diagnosed with Epilepsy.
- 30% of those diagnosed are children.
- Epilepsy can develop at any age and can be a result of genetics, stroke,
head injury, and many other factors.
- For many soldiers suffering traumatic brain injury on the battlefield,
Epilepsy will be a long-term consequence.
- In two-thirds of patients diagnosed with Epilepsy, the cause is unknown.
- In over 30% of patients, seizures cannot be controlled with treatment.
- Uncontrolled seizures may lead to brain damage and death.
- Up to 50,000 Americans die each year from seizures and related causes.
- The mortality rate among people with Epilepsy is two to three times higher
than the general population.
- Risk of sudden death among those with Epilepsy is twenty-four times
- Epilepsy results in an estimated annual cost of $15.5 billion in medical
costs and lost or reduced earnings and production.
- Historically, epilepsy research has been under-funded. Each year NIH
spends $30 billion of medical research, but just ½ of 1% is spent on
- The Federal government spends much less on Epilepsy research compared to
other diseases, many which affect fewer people.
- St Valentine is the patron saint of people with epilepsy!
|WE HAVE MOVED
THE EPILEPSY ASSOCIATION OF OKLAHOMA
HAS MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION
Epilepsy Association of Oklahoma
11212 N. May Ave. Suite 108
Oklahoma City, OK. 73120
Office - 405-463-0673
Fax - 405-463-0985
TO: TWO MEN AND A TRUCK
THIS COMPANY KNOWS WHAT IT MEANS TO HELP THE COMMUNITY.
YOU GAVE THE EPILEPSY ASSOCIATION YOUR TIME, THE MOST
THOUGHTFUL GIFT OF ALL.
TO CODY AND RYLAN...YOU TO MEN WERE ON TIME, VERY PROFESSIONAL,
COURTEOUS AND HARD WORKERS.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK - WORDS CAN'T EXPRESS HOW THANKFUL WE ARE
FOR YOUR HELP TO THE EPILEPSY ASSOCIATION, YOU MOVED US FOR "FREE".
|BACK TO SCHOOL BONANZA!
Back to School BONANZA!
August 1, 2015
10am – 2pm
The Boys’ and Girls’ Club
3535 N Western, OKC 73118
Hosted by BOUND 4 GLORY & BEYOND INC.
Call Regina Roberts for more information 405-404-7118
Parent or guardian must accompany student.
FREE! FREE! FREE! FREE! FREE! FREE!
FREE! FREE! FREE! FREE!
Identakid ID cards
|CHILDRENS HEALTH EXPO
This one day event on Friday, August 7, will offer parents and
children ages 5 to 12 a unique experience to learn about specialized
programs at OU Children's Physicians, community events targeted for
elememtary school children and opprotunities for physical activity and
(Click to open PDF)
|COMMUNITY HEALTH CHARITIES
UNITED DONORS IN THE WORKPLACE WITH OUR NATION’S TRUSTED HEALTH
BUILD CULTURES OF COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
FIND COMMUNITY HEALTH CHARITIES, SUPPORT THE CHARITIES YOU KNOW – LIKE –
“EPILEPSY ASSOCIATION OF OKLAHOMA”
CFC – COMBINED FEDERAL CAMPAIGN #27949
CFC IS THROUGH OUT THE COUNTRY
CHC – PUBLIC SECTOR CAMPAIGN #8007
|CAVETT KIDS CAMP MAY 16TH
Campers and Parents,
HEADS UP – Camp applications will be posted on
Saturday, May 16!!!
You can register on-line or join us at the Camp Registration Party:
• When: This Saturday from 10 am to 2 pm
• Where: The East Entrance of Children’s Hospital (OKC)
• What: Activities/Crafts, Music, Food and Registration!
Check your calendar for the upcoming 2015 Camp Dates:
• Heart Camp, June 10-14
• Camp Cavett, July 8-12
• Leadership Camp, July 29 - August 2
• Kamp Courage, August 12-16
Please shoot me a quick response if you are able to attend. Hope to see
Cavett Kids Camp Director
3801 N. Classen Blvd. Ste. 300 | Oklahoma City, OK, 73104
Phone: 405.271.2271 | Fax: 405.602.2830
Learn how you can help children battling life-threatening and chronic
illnesses by visiting
Epilepsy research received $129 million in federal funding in 2013.
That's $59 per person with epilepsy. There are more with EPILEPSY than
all the people with Multiple Sclerosis + Muscular Dystrophy +
Parkinson’s disease put together, but EPILEPSY only receives 31% of what
they receive in federal research funding. Our intent is certainly not to
take research funding from any other disease, because they all need more
support! We just want EPILEPSY to get a fairer share. We journey to D.C.
each year to join our Epilepsy Foundation in advocating for more $ for
research. Like and Share to show you want EPILEPSY to get a more equal
share. #EndEpilepsy — with Ryan Thomas.
|ZEUS AND THALIA ARE PURPLE
WE ARE PURPLE PROUD - WHAT ABOUT YOU?
EPILEPSY ASSOCIAION OF OKLAHOMA
Photo courtesy of Tanya Beaven
||This is an AMAZING site for people with EPILEPSY. If you
have been recently diagnosed or been living with EPILEPSY for a
while, PLEASE visit this site. You're NOT alone.
Talk About It.org created by Greg Grunberg (star of LOVE BITES,
HEROES, ALIAS and FELICITY) unites Hollywood celebrities and top
health care experts to end the misperceptions and misunderstanding
about epilepsy and seizure disorders. Greg Grunberg, whose eldest
son has epilepsy, has dedicated his time, energy and passion to
working toward ending the stigma around epilepsy and bringing public
focus on the need to find a cure and to help give a voice to
people living with epilepsy. To get more people talking about